Friday, August 21, 2009

Meat & Potatoes

Another way I have found works well for tougher cuts of meat is a sort of pan fry and steam method. This is the same method used to cook pot stickers. I tenderize, cube, and marinate the beef. When I am ready to cook, I sear it in the wok, then add a little liquid, usually broth, wine, or beer. I cover with a tight fitting lid and turn to low for around 7-8 minutes. This will act as a pressure cooker and give you that tender roasted meat texture.

The gratin was simply mixed, added to a dish, and baked for about an hour in a 375 degree oven.

Beef:
basil
lemonjuice
garlic
grapeseed oil
white wine vinegar
corriander

Gratin:
milk
yellow squash
yukon gold potatoes
onion
poblano
garlic
nutmeg
goat cheese
salt
pepper
malt vinegar
truffle oil


No comments: