Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Easy biscuits

Sorry I have been MIA for a while now. The holidays, being sick, yada, yada, yada... Anyway, I have been planning some great new things. I will be posting a few blogs over the next week to catch up. The theme will be weeknight meals. A few weeks ago I was conversing with a friend. Once I gave a quick run down of what I was cooking, he said, "you know, another Tuesday night meal". Well, YES! I do cook like this most nights. For me, it is a nice release at the end of the day.

Everyone loves the biscuits served by many seafood restaurants. You know the ones I am speaking of. Puffs of buttery cheesy garlic goodness that melt in your mouth. These are easier than you think. Just grab a blue box of baking mix and make the drop biscuit recipe you find on the side. Add some grated cheddar to the recipe and bake. Once they are almost done, brush with melted butter mixed with garlic powder. When you take them out, brush again, let them soak, and keep brushing until the butter is gone. The key is to let the butter soak into them.

Enjoy, and remember to come back over the next week.


No comments: