Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Random Stuff

As usual, my procrastination has left me postless for quite some time. While cleaning out some old folders on my desktop, I stumbled upon a collection of older photos. These are my lost works from the last few months. Enjoy!

Rotisserie Cornish hen with Jasmine rice and broccoli in cheese sauce.

Cornmeal fried grouper over homemade kimchi and Yukon mash with mango-avocado relish.

Fresh smoked turkey on homemade focaccia with cheddar, spinach, and mayo.

Blackened chicken over braised Napa cabbage with white beans & red rice.

Pan roasted chicken with pan jus, mashed potatoes, and sauteed vegetables.

Chicken chili topped with grilled jalapeno, crispy skin, and jalapeno-cheddar cornbread.

And what do you make with the leftover cornbread? Add a little sweetened condensed milk for a spicy treat.
This is one of my favorite things to cook, and you can use about anything. I start by making a chicken pot pie filling, then filled in between puff pastry sheets to make a chicken pot pie napoleon.

Grilled chicken with black sesame paste, rice, and kimchi.

This has been one of my favorite drinks lately. I start by muddling cilantro and sugar, then mixing with a generous portion of mango vodka.

Finally, I add orange juice and serve as a mango-cilantro martini on the rocks.
Valentine's Day turned out to be a treat. Grilled NY strip, peppers, and mushrooms over mashed potatoes with snow peas...


...and for dessert, Pecan mocha pie with Patron Cafe. This was topped with homemade vanilla ice cream and an extra piece of pie crust since there is never enough.

No comments: